Friday, April 2, 2010

"New-to-me" headliner in today, plus sunvisors

While the headliner was out for the roof rack, I decided that I might as well upgrade the headliner itself if I could (one of the previous owners was a smoker because I can't figure out how a liner could get so faded unless he was a smoker or was driving everywhere upside down.) So a trip back to that same PAP got me the donor rig's two piece liner, some trim pieces, and a pair of much nicer sunvisors.
Old vs. New-ish










Quite a difference, obviously. Installation was pretty simple. Lily and Nath helped hold it in place while I got it up and in the rail slots down the side. Then it was just a matter of reinstalling the trim pieces and the visors. To finish it up, I drilled some holes through the liner above the wheel wells to reinstall the three-point seat-belts for kiddies.
All done.