Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Picked up the Jeep today!

I finally got to drive it home today, followed by the family in the Honda. It cruises quite nicely at 60ish, running about 2300 RPMs. The gas gauge is permanently pegged to F, so I'll have to get at that soon. Honestly, I couldn't help but smile as I was driving home. But since it now runs a bit quieter, every time I let my foot off the gas and the engine RPMs dropped, I had a momentary flash of anxiety that it was dying again. I was wrong every time, but this new, quieter and more reliable engine will take some getting used to.
I'll be driving it to work everyday for the next few weeks to get some miles on it and check the reliability of not so much the rebuilt engine but the wiring upgrades I've performed lately. All in all, I expect good things.
Here's the parts list breakdown, totalling $915.27:
  • Fel Pro KS20001 Gasket Kit #FS8266PT4
  • Fal Pro Valley Pan Gasket #96001
  • Sealed Power Cam Kit #KC646
  • Sealed Power Piston Kit #W362NP
  • Sealed Power Rod Bearings #3310CPA
  • Sealed Power Lifters #HT2011
  • Sealed Power Main Bearing #5037M
  • Sealed Power Ring Set #301K
  • Sealed Power Brass Freeze Plugs #381-2170
  • Sealed Power #UK 17412 Hard
  • Stant Thermostat #13008
  • Oil Filter #61626
  • 7 Quarts of Oil
  • 1 Gallon Coolant
3 Year/Unlimited Miles Warranty